How We’re Building The World’s Most Important Retail & Ecommerce Events
Our First 100 Shoptalk Europe Speakers: An Amazing Lineup of European and Global Leaders, Including 50+ CEOs
With less than five months to go until our inaugural Shoptalk Europe in Copenhagen, we’ve been heads down building a new agenda and recruiting an incredible set of speakers. A total of 250 speakers will be confirmed by the time of the event (October 9-11, 2017). These speakers will represent a cross-section of countries and companies and will not be centered around any single region or ecosystem. Indeed, we chose Copenhagen for that exact reason: A show in Berlin runs the risk of being too focused on German innovation, for example; one in London can easily become too UK-centric.
Our goal is to be inclusive of all businesses shaping how consumers discover, shop and buy and for everyone to be a part of the new community. We accomplished this goal in our first year with the launch of Shoptalk in the U.S. and it’s what we aim to do in Europe this coming fall.
A Snapshot of the First 100 Speakers
Who will you hear from at Shoptalk Europe? The list is growing rapidly: New speakers confirmed in the past few days include the Head of Amazon Prime Now in Europe and European leaders at global brands such as Mars Petcare and VF Corporation. A summary of our first 100:
Geographic Distribution of Speakers
- 28% are from North America
- 24% are from the UK
- 24% are from Germany and Switzerland
- 10% are from France and Benelux
- 14% are from other countries
Stage of Company
- 52% are startups
- 48% are established companies
Type of Company
- 51% are brands and retailers
- 24% are tech companies
- 10% are VCs
- 15% are across other key categories (e.g. analysts)
Seniority of Speakers
- 76% are C-level executives, including 56 CEOs
10 of the Established European Retailers and Brands on the Agenda
We have a fantastic lineup of retailers and brands operating across Europe, and we’re excited by the diversity of countries and categories represented. Just 10 of the companies we’ll be featuring are:
- Eataly. This groundbreaking food market has expanded from its roots in Italy to markets around the globe. We’ll hear from the Managing Director of Eataly Germany who will discuss the company’s new approach to stores in the country.
- H&M. This Sweden-based, fast fashion retailer now sells in over 3,500 stores across almost 70 countries. We’ll hear from H&M on two separate sessions: one on sustainability and one on how the company builds and maintains a culture of innovation.
- Harrods. The Managing Director of Harrods will deliver a keynote at Shoptalk Europe where he’ll discuss balancing tradition with innovation at this iconic UK luxury retailer.
- IKEA. One of our track keynotes at Shoptalk Europe will feature the CEO of IKEA Switzerland who will discuss the company culture and how she works to empower new leaders at this world-renowned Swedish home furnishings retailer.
- John Lewis. We’ll hear from the head of the IT innovation team at this forward-thinking UK retailer. He’ll discuss how he’s built a team with experimentation at the core and how the company overall creates a culture of innovation.
- MediaMarktSaturn. This German consumer electronics giant operates more than 1,000 stores and ecommerce sites in 15 countries in Europe. The company’s Chief Digital Officer will discuss some of the innovative digital initiatives at this €22 billion organization.
- OBI. Germany’s largest home improvement retailer operates over 500 stores in Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Austria and a number of countries in Central and Eastern Europe. The Managing Director of OBI Digital will talk about the company’s digital transformation and its approach to new technologies.
- Tesco. This UK-based multinational grocery and general merchandise retailer ranks among the 10 largest retailers in the world and has been at the forefront of digital innovation. The Managing Director of Tesco Online will discuss the company’s groundbreaking online and retail store initiatives.
- Unilever. Representing Unilever at Shoptalk Europe will be Michael Dubin, CEO of Dollar Shave Club, who sold his company to Unilever last year for $1 billion. He’ll discuss his journey from startup to a key part of this Dutch-British CPG giant.
- Zalando. Though less than 10 years old, Germany-based Zalando now ranks as an almost €4 billion ecommerce retailer that sells footwear, apparel and other fashion items across Europe. We’ll hear from Zalando’s Head of Engineering on how the company is powering growth through innovative uses of technology.
We're also thrilled to welcome the leaders of accelerators at retailers such as France's Galeries Lafayette, Germany's Metro and Portugal's Sonae portfolio of retailers.
10 of the European Startups on the Agenda
In addition to large brands and retailers, Shoptalk Europe will feature dozens of venture-backed companies disrupting retail. Among the VC-backed startups already confirmed will be the 10 companies below:
- Blippar. We’ll hear from the CEO and Co-Founder of this UK-based image-recognition platform and visual browser for mobile that uses augmented reality and AI. Blippar has raised $99 million in funding. We’ll hear from the CEO and Co-Founder.
- Blue Yonder. The Founder and Chief Scientific Officer will join us from this Germany-based company that uses AI and machine learning for predictive merchandising, automated replenishment and price optimization. Blue Yonder has raised $75 million in funding.
- Deliberry. We’ll be joined by the Founder and CEO of this Spain-based grocery platform that delivers to customers in under an hour using a fleet of trusted shoppers who select high-quality produce and other grocery items. Deliberry has raised $3 million in funding.
- Fyndiq. The CEO and Co-Founder will discuss the growth of this Sweden-based ecommerce discount marketplace that connects merchants with bargain hunters. Fyndiq has raised $28 million in funding.
- Hawkers. The CEO and Co-Founder of this sunglasses brand from Spain will talk about how he’s built this digital-first, vertically integrated brand that challenges the largest brands in the industry. Hawkers has raised $56 million in funding.
- Notonthehighstreet. The CEO of this UK-based online marketplace that features small creative businesses will join us at the event. Notonthehighstreet.com has raised $68 million in funding.
- Outfittery. The Founder and Managing Director will present her vision for this Germany-based online personal shopping service for men's fashion. Outfittery has raised $60 million in funding.
- Picnic. We’ll hear from the Founder of this Netherlands-based online supermarket that delivers groceries for low prices to people’s homes without delivery fees. Picnic has raised $109 million in funding.
- Space10. The Founder and CEO will introduce this Denmark-based lab and exhibition space focused on the future of urban living. Space10 was launched by IKEA.
- Vestiaire Collective. The Founder and CEO of this France-based global marketplace will discuss how his platform enables people to buy and sell luxury, pre-owned fashion products. Vestiaire has raised $130 million in funding.
US Leaders Joining the Shoptalk Europe Conversation
In addition to all of these incredible European companies, at Shoptalk Europe we’ll hear from some of the biggest names in US retail and tech, including:
- Chairman of Estee Lauder
- CEO of Hudson’s Bay Company
- CEO and Co-Founder of Casper
- President of Pinterest
- Head of Google Shopping
We have a phenomenal group of speakers coming to Copenhagen in October and we’re adding more to the list every day. We hope you’ll join us!